Learn & Play
We aim to help children develop into happy, confident individuals who have a wide range of opportunities to explore and learn about the world around them.
In particular we:
- Make the nursery a caring and stimulating place where children learn through play.
- Create a friendly atmosphere where children feel relaxed and valued.
- Offer a broad range of activities and experiences to develop and extend children’s knowledge and understanding of the world around them.
- Offer opportunities for children to initiate and develop their own games and interests building this into other learning opportunities at nursery.
- Support children to develop at their own pace.
- Share information, knowledge and progress with parents and carers.
All members of staff will be happy to up date you on your child’s day and we are always happy to discuss your child’s progress with you on both a formal and informal basis. Children’s progress is also regularly shared through Parents’ Nights, Children’s Profiles and Children’s Scrapbooks.
For children under 3 years the nursery follows the government’s published guidance Pre-birth to Three: Positive Outcomes for Scotland’s Children and Families. For children aged 3-5 years the nursery uses the Curriculum for Excellence with the main focus being active learning through play. The nursery has a ‘curriculum board’ which shares information on what children are learning and wall displays are regularly updated to show children’s work.